TCNJ EMS faces many unique challenges of running a collegiate volunteer first aid squad. Primarily an undergraduate institution, TCNJ has students that volunteer in TCNJ EMS who experience very high turnover rates in fellow members and leaders of this organization. TCNJ students, faculty, staff, family, and friends can help keep this vital volunteer emergency service not limited to the following ways. Please visit our About TCNJ EMS and Meet Our Members pages to learn more about our work and its impact.
- TCNJ students can come to General Board meetings to learn how to get involved and/or apply for the opportunity to respond along our TCNJ EMS brothers and sisters. If don’t think you would be up to respond to medical emergencies on campus, you can still help us in so many ways! Come to our meetings to meet us and inquire further, check out our home page on this website for news on the next General Board meeting.
- Fundraising: we are always looking for people interested in organizing and participating fundraising events. For more information, contact our Fundraising Committee Chair.
- Publicity: we can use your writing skills! If you are interested in writing an article, paper, or recording a small radio broadcast about TCNJ EMS whether it is for a news/radio/tv organization or for a class, we will get you the right information. Please contact our Vice President.
- Community outreach: let us know if you want to help plan or co-sponsor a health fair, blood drives, etc. We annually provide blood pressure screenings at events like Community Fest. Contact our Vice President.
- Social events: we always need help planning social events for our members, friends, and families. Museum trips, team-building exercises, you name it! If you want to help us out, please contact our Vice President.
- TCNJ faculty, staff, & friends: help us remain a fruitful learning experience for students by supporting our essential medical service organization in various ways:
- Find more information about what we do and the impact of our work to this campus to support us in meetings that involve the future operations & funding of our organization through committees, meetings, etc. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to our Supervisor, Scott Sferra, regarding impressions with TCNJ EMS members whom you have met.